Amazon Prime Video is a popular streaming service that offers a wide range of movies, TV shows, and original content. However, iPhone users may sometimes encounter the “In-App Purchases Not Allowed” error when trying to rent or buy content within the Amazon Prime Video app.
In this article, we will discuss the possible causes of this issue and provide detailed steps to resolve it.
Fix by Enabling In-App Purchases on iPhone
The first step in resolving the “In-App Purchases Not Allowed” error for Amazon Prime Video is to ensure that in-app purchases are enabled on your iPhone. To do this, follow these steps:
You can check if the in-app purchases are enabled on your device by opening your device’s settings by following these steps:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad
- Go to Screen Time Screen Time> Content & Privacy Restrictions > iTunes & App Store Purchases > In-app Purchases
- Select “Allow“
See the official page for these settings: Prevent in-app purchases from the App Store – Apple Support
Verify Apple ID and Payment Information
An issue with your Apple ID or payment information can also cause the error. To verify and update your Apple ID and payment information, follow these steps:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Tap on your name at the top of the screen.
- Tap on “iTunes & App Store.”
- Tap on your Apple ID and then tap “View Apple ID.”
- Sign in with your Apple ID password or use Face ID/Touch ID.
- Tap on “Payment Information” and ensure that your payment details are accurate and up-to-date.
Update Amazon Prime Video App and iOS
Outdated app versions or iOS can sometimes cause compatibility issues, leading to the “In-App Purchases Not Allowed” error. To resolve this, ensure that both the Amazon Prime Video app and your device’s iOS are updated to the latest versions:
- Open the App Store on your iPhone.
- Tap on your profile icon in the top-right corner.
- Scroll down to see available updates and tap “Update” next to the Amazon Prime Video app if necessary.
- To update iOS, open the Settings app, tap on “General,” and then tap on “Software Update.” If an update is available, follow the on-screen instructions to install it.
Restart Your iPhone
A simple device restart can resolve minor issues, including the “In-App Purchases Not Allowed” error. To restart your iPhone, follow these steps:
a. Press and hold the power button (and the volume up button for iPhone X and later) until the “Slide to Power Off” slider appears.
b. Slide the slider to power off your device.
c. After the device has completely powered down, press and hold the power button again until the Apple logo appears.
Use Amazon Website for Purchases
As an alternative solution, you can make purchases directly on the Amazon website instead of using the Amazon Prime Video app. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open your preferred web browser on your iPhone.
- Visit the Amazon website and sign in with your Amazon account.
- Search for the desired movie or TV show.
- Rent or purchase the content as desired.
- Open the Amazon Prime Video app on your iPhone, and the purchased content should now be available for streaming.
- Contact Amazon Prime Video Support
If the error persists after trying the above solutions, it may be due to a bug in the app or an issue with your Amazon account. In this case, consider reaching out to Amazon Prime Video Support for assistance.
The “In-App Purchases Not Allowed” error on Amazon Prime Video for iPhone can be frustrating, but with a methodical approach and attention to detail, it can be resolved. By enabling in-app purchases, verifying Apple ID and payment information, updating the app and iOS, restarting the device, using the Amazon website for purchases, and seeking assistance from Amazon Prime Video Support, users can overcome this issue and enjoy a seamless content purchasing experience.